Welcome to the UDLHE Digicon 2022 - A UDL Makerspace
October 18-20, 2022
Are you passionate about collaborating, making, learning, exploring, and sharing UDL practices in Higher Education? Do you have the mindset of a maker – creating, tinkering, learning in a hands-on fashion, and thinking critically about UDL practices? If so, we want to learn about the work you’re doing. Whether you are new to UDL or whether you are an experienced practitioner, join us at the third Digicon conference in Universal Design for Learning in Higher Education (UDLHE) – A Universal Design for Learning Makerspace.
In this virtual conference, we will create a unique learning environment that encourages boundless exploration, invention, questioning, and problem solving. In line with our makerspace theme, Digicon 2022 will offer creative and innovative session formats that reflect key values of the makerspace – a perfect environment that encourages curiosity and imagination, where the emphasis is on making rather than consuming, and where attendees can learn from each other in collaborative, experiential fashion.
At Digicon 2022, you can look forward to the following session formats:
- Ask Me Anything – Presenters will host an ask me anything (AMA) session on a UDL topic or for a specific audience to support interested colleagues.
- Braindates – Presenters will share their knowledge, experience, skills and expertise with UDL, with like-minded colleagues by leading a UDL brain dating session.
- Design Workshop – Presenters will lead a collaborative maker space to design a UDL-inspired solution. Options might include a learning space (in-person or online), communication for a specific audience (e.g., flyer, infographic, video, etc.), or an activity or assessment.
- Panel Discussion – Presenters will convene a panel of experts or students to share perspectives and expertise.
- Problem Sharing – Presenters will host an interactive problem-sharing session that UDL practitioners can help solve collaboratively.
- Rubrics Share Fair Poster Session – Presenters will share rubric(s) that evaluate multiple means of Action & Expression in a single assignment/activity and help others to create their own rubric(s).
- Solution Rooms – Presenters will brainstorm and workshop UDL solutions to instructional challenges or learning bottlenecks.
- Student Co-Creation – Presenters will harness the power of the collective student experiences and perspectives by co-creating a UDL activity, assessment, course, curriculum etc., with students.
- Student Perspectives Roundtables – Students will share their thoughts on how UDL has affected their learning or their future teaching. Student participants are invited to share their own experiences with UDL.
- Supporting UDL Implementation – Presenters will support others with UDL implementation in an education setting – they will host a collaborative session to share ideas and create resources on supporting others to implement UDL.
- Teach a session – Sometimes the best way to learn something is to experience it for yourself. Presenters will teach a session that exemplifies UDL practice.
Where and When?
Digicon 2022 will be arranged from October 18-20, 2022, in Mighty Networks, an online platform that encourages networking, collaboration and unlimited access to resources even after the conference. Participants at Digicon will automatically be offered to join our UDLHE network for free, with access to exciting events, newsletters and meetings.
Digicon 2022 will be offered on three days – October 18 is for meet and greet with sponsors, tech support, and for social networking with other participants. October 19 and 20 will be filled with over 40 different sessions and keynotes from all over the world – and you can even book one of our zoom rooms to meet up with other participants!