UDLHE DIGICON 2019: AN INAUGURAL UDLHE GLOBAL EVENT
Mark your calendars for the inaugural UDL in Higher Education Digicon!
Save the Date
October 18, 2019 from 9am – 4pm EST
Vision for the Digicon:
The #UDLHE Digital Conference will be an opportunity for UDL-interested (and invested) faculty, staff, and graduate students from around the world to convene and learn together without the burden of geographic and cost-based barriers. It will offer an opportunity to hear from people that we otherwise would not have access to, call for and facilitate presentations that advance the work of UDL in higher education and catalyzes individuals to bring their work and findings to other non-UDL focused conferences.
We will meet via structured online meeting space. We are hoping to include people from around the world both synchronously and asynchronously.
- UDL starting out: How to getting started whether in the classroom, your department, or at your institution as a whole.
- Discipline Specific: Presentations that focus on discipline specific classroom applications.
- UDL in Online Learning: Practical strategies, reflections, and the results of applying UDL in online learning environments.
- Research: Qualitative, quantitative, or mixed methods data-based presentations that speak to the efficacy for relevant applications
- Non-academic Applications: Applications of UDL strategies to the non-academic side.
- Faculty Development: Examples of faculty support when creating activities/assignments based on UDL principles
Call for Proposals
Are you passionate about implementing or expanding UDL practices in higher education? If so, our community would love to hear about the work you’re doing.
Please consider submitting a presentation proposal for our first UDLHE Digicon. The virtual conference will be an opportunity for UDL practitioners to collaborate and share best practices, solutions to the unique challenges in higher education, and the great work being done by their institutions.
Whether you are a professor, administrator, disability service professional, or an instructional content designer, if you are involved in the implementation of UDL in higher education, we want to hear from you.
We have also added an asynchronous presentation option to better accommodate the various time zones that will be in attendance.
Proposals due by August 4th, 2019